By now, the case for EMRs is obvious. But as patients move through different departments, facilities, and health-related events, not all of their information will post to the same system, or even originate in electronic form. Physician orders, pharmacy orders, verbal orders, work-lists, insurance requests, along with a host of other data exchanges, often still require physical documentation.
Hospitals and facilities looking to improve scheduling, registration, and accuracy for all pre-encounter activities will find that HealthWare Systems’ patented ActiveXCHANGE (formerly ActiveFAX) eliminates the need for printouts, paper copies, handwritten logs, follow-up requests, and the manual administration of so many incoming or outgoing records.
What is ActiveXCHANGE?
ActiveXCHANGE is the newly renamed iteration of ActiveFAX, a comprehensive indexing solution and paperless workflow for all forms of unstructured patient information—including physician orders, third-party test results, care plans, protocols, pre-surgical documentation, and more. ActiveXCHANGE features all the benefits of the ActiveFAX solution, plus exciting new capabilities from our 4.0 redesign that go beyond fax-based transmissions.
What are the benefits of ActiveXCHANGE?
Simply put, ActiveXCHANGE makes it easy to send, receive, search, track, trend, report, and manage patient records electronically. The solution provides:
- Highly secure and HIPAA-compliant audit trails for all activity
- Single-click rejection notices, faxed back to the originator, if incomplete or illegible files are received
- Comprehensive search capability for locating information based on any number of search categories/indices
- Grant simultaneous access to documentation to multiple users and departments without making copies
- Send information to multiple destinations in a single transmission
- Detailed reporting of all activity and staff performance
- A safeguard against lost or misplaced files
- Broad adaptability; no system integration is required
Why the switch?
The new product name—from ActiveFAX to ActiveXCHANGE—reflects the full breadth of this robust document management solution. Sending, receiving, and managing faxed documents are major product features, but ActiveXCHANGE also facilitates communication across a variety of platforms and services. ActiveXCHANGE can serve as a single repository of patient data regardless of source, allowing facilities to send and receive financial and clinical documentation from EMRs and practice management solutions without having to print and scan.
To learn more about ActiveXCHANGE, request an online product demonstration or contact the HealthWare Systems team.